This website GaryTaxali.com is owned by Chump Inc.. Chump Inc. and our affiliates and subsidiaries (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
This policy describes:
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers and website users (“you“)
- Describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website [DOMAIN NAME] (our “Website“).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
- We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
- Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. [Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact information.
- This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website (if applicable).
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- ANY OTHER SOURCES.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or through any other means, including on any other Company or third-party website [(including our affiliates and subsidiaries)]
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from [or on] the Website].
- OTHER SOURCES.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.garytaxali.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, user name or other similar identifier, [billing and account information,] [social insurance number,] [[OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION THE WEBSITE COLLECTS],] and any other identifier we may use to contact you (“personal information“).
We provide an opportunity for any user to unsubscribe from our [TYPE OF PROGRAM OR COLLECTION] or opt-out of contact for [marketing purposes][or][OTHER PURPOSE] on an ongoing basis by [accessing our Website,] [using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails,].
Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as [TYPES OF INFORMATION], demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature.
Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
Non-personal details about your Website interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
[ANY OTHER TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED].
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Any contact information you send us through our contact form or by subscribing to our newsletter is collected.
Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Details of your visits to our Website, including [traffic data,] [location data,] [logs,] and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioural tracking). To learn more or to opt-out of tailored advertising please visit [Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt-Out Tool] [and] [or] [OTHER DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE LINK] for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.]
The information we collect automatically [is statistical data and does not include personal information] [is statistical information and may include personal information] [is statistical information that includes personal information], and we [may] maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways[, that you provide to us,] or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
You can opt-out of several third party ad servers’ and networks’ cookies simultaneously by using [an opt-out tool created by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada ][or][and] [an opt-out tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative]. You can also access these websites to learn more about online behavioural advertising and how to stop websites from placing cookies on your device. Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they are used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For more information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.]
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU:
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise
- [User contributions. You may also provide information for us to publish or display on public Website areas or transmit to other Website users or third parties.]
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources, for example, our business partners.
- OTHER MEANS OF COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION OR INFORMATION GENERALLY.
How we use your information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your [account/subscription], including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To improve our Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features, social media, or similar features on our Website.]
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about [our own and third-parties’] goods and services that may be of interest to you, as permitted by law. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please [check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data [(the [order form/registration form)][,adjust your user preferences in your account profile] [,use the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails].
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.]
Who we share your data with
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of [COMPANY NAME]’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by [COMPANY NAME] about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- To advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others. [We do not disclose data about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 400 women between 30 and 45 have clicked on their advertisement on a specific day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers target a specific audience (for example, men in a specific location). We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to display our advertisers’ advertisement to that target audience.
- To third party contractors, suppliers, digital marketing apps and service providers that work with us or that we may use to operate this website such as web hosting, email marketing and other digital marketing tools and apps that we use on this website.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have [consented to/not opted out of] these disclosures. [We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.] For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information].
- To contractors, service providers (lawyers and agents etc.), and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.]
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. [For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.]
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- If required by law or a government public authority
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of [COMPANY NAME], our customers, or others. [This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
[You are welcome to contact us to obtain further information about Company policies regarding service providers outside of Canada. See Contact Information and Challenging Compliance.]
[By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Website, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.]
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by [checking the relevant box located on the form where we collect your data (the [order form/registration form])/[OTHER OPT-IN OR OPT-OUT METHOD]]. You can also opt-out by [logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by] sending us an email stating your request to [EMAIL ADDRESS].
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you have opted in to receive certain emails from us but no longer wish to have your [email address/contact information] used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by [[checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form/registration form])/[OTHER OPT-OUT METHOD]] or at any other time by] [logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by] sending us an email stating your request to [EMAIL ADDRESS]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link we have included in the email. [This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as part of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.]]
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt out by [OPT-OUT METHOD]. [For this opt-out mechanism to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.]]
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of several third party ad servers’ and networks’ cookies simultaneously by using [an opt-out tool created by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada ][and][ or] an opt-out tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative]. You can also access these websites to learn more about online behavioural advertising and how to stop websites from placing cookies on your device. Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
Data Retention: How long we retain your data
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
We take your privacy
Data Security: How we protect your data
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. [We store all information you provide to us behind firewalls on our secure servers. Any payment transactions [and [OTHER INFORMATION]] will be encrypted [using SSL technology].]
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. [We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards, which any Website visitor can view.]
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any [personal] information to [or on] the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not [use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use]. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [CONTACT INFORMATION].
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
[You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.]
[If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us an email at [EMAIL ADDRESS] to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. [We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account.] We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.] [We may charge you a fee to access your personal information, however, we will notify you of any fee in advance.]
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
[We will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation.] [Examples of such exceptions include:
- Information protected by solicitor-client privilege.
- Information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process.
- Information that is about another individual that would reveal their personal information or confidential commercial information.
- Information that is prohibitively expensive to provide.]
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact our [Privacy Officer/[NAME OR TITLE OF APPROPRIATE CONTACT]] at [EMAIL ADDRESS OF APPROPRIATE CONTACT].
Note: Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at [CONTACT DETAILS]. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
Note: Withdrawing Your Consent
CONTACT INFORMATION AND CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE
privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information listed above.